Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Value and Putting God First

Matt. 10- What an interesting read! After Christ instructs his apostles with how to preach, He talks about the worth of souls. Matt 10:29 says "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore ye are of more value than many sparrows." The world likes to give us a price, try to describe how important we are. How valuable are you in the business world? Although it is important to improve ourselves and be "valuable" I love how Christ shows how much He cares for us and our incredible worth. It is neat that He knows me and love me. Just as he know the very hairs on my head, He knows every little strength, every little weakness, my frustrations and joys. It is a hard thing to remember. What confidence it can give us if we let it!

The next part was interesting. I had to re-read and look at footnotes, but there wasn't much explanation. Christ says "I came not to send peace, but a sword." and to set a man at variance against his father, and family relationships against each other. What? It seems weird and confusing. I think the point like in the verses after consider the lilies of the field, almost is the same. We must put God first and trust in Him completely and not let anything get in the way. "He that loveth Father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" We have to put Christ first in our lives even above our spouse, mother or father. Who do I love more, my husband or Christ? That is a difficult question. Christ talks about losing our lives and then we will find it. He wants us to lose ourselves in serving other people and that way we will get closer to Him.

I hope to get to know Christ better by reading these Scriptures and that way put Him completely first in my life. I know that my family relationships will be strengthened when God is first in my life.

He wants us to try to get rid of selfishness, know our worth and put Him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment