Wednesday, August 12, 2009

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Christ started his preaching. I enjoyed really looking at the famous Light of the world scripture mastery. After studying, I realized that we are not the light, but we hold Jesus up to be the light and others see it. I also love the phrase that others "may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" A cross reference says "Herein is my Father glorified, that y bear much fruit, so shall ye be my disciples." I hope that the fruit I bear and the things I do does glorify the Father. In the first scripture it seems like it means "they" will glorify your Father which is in heaven. Do others praise God and thank Him for the actions I do? Hopefully my children an also see the light of Christ through my actions.

There is also a recurring theme on the Sermon on the Mount. It is not to quarrel, even have bad thoughts toward others. I love the JST and am grateful that we have it. In the verse that says "That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of judgement. Don't you just love that phrase "without a cause" It sounds like one translator was having a hard time with this commandment and decided to insert that in to help him feel better :) The footnote says to omit those words. Also, later on instead of agreeing with our adversary, it says to quickly have kind thoughts for, or be well disposed toward. When someone is contentious, I like the thought that we should "quickly" have kind thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment