Monday, August 10, 2009

CHERISH THE MOMENT

I am excited about making a goal and accomplishing it! I read pres. Monson's talk of Treasure of Eternal Value. He talks about the importance of setting goals. Without them, there is no real success, he says. I will feel so confident if I make a goal and stick with it.

I am going to start waking up before the kids and reading 30 minutes in the morning. I'm excited about this time I will have to ponder and think on my own. I hope it will change the way I feel throughout the day and the way I treat the kids.

Something that struck me in Monson's talk as well is that I try not to delay or postpone anything that could bring laughter and joy into our lives. And each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute is special." There are many times throughout the day, especially minutes I am waiting for the kids to get out of the car, to get ready and other times that I don't think are special. I allow myself to get impatient and frustrated. I need to even take these moments and make sure that I don't them get wasted by my attitude.

I am also reading the new testament. Something that struck me in my reading of the first chapters in Matthew is how Joseph was an example of not worrying about others. I guess that maybe he did worry about what others thought when his "fiance" Mary became pregnant, it was the law and the way to kill her. He wanted to do that. But after the angel came and he woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him. Sometimes what is popular at the moment and what other people think you should do and maybe you even want to do it, we need to make sure that we can be as quick to obey. We should not be swayed by what others think, but follow Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, princess! I like the thought that each day, hour, and minute should be special.

    ReplyDelete