Monday, August 17, 2009

JUDGING AND BRINGING FORTH GOOD FRUIT

I never finished Friday's entry. It seems like week-ends get busier. Maybe I should plan on doing scripture study before I eat breakfast. That way I will do it :)

Today there are some great scriptures for self reflection. Not judging others. It makes complete sense that if I have something in my eye, I can't help someone get something out of their eye. But in my thoughts especially, I do see others' weaknesses and judge them. It is ok to see weaknesses and judge righteously and learn from them, but not make me better than them in my mind.

The scripture I thought was interesting also was every good tree bringeth forth good fruit. I have been thinking about parenting. So does this mean I will have good children? What if they turn out wrong? I don't think that is what He is meaning. I think in my parenting I need to do and say all good to my children. Then they will choose which way. Some of the most respected people I know have children that have chosen other ways. This is somewhere where I cannot judge and just believe that they have always given their children good fruit. I hope that I can always build my children up, never raise my voice and discipline them with gentleness. I have been trying lately to not get frustrated and also discipline them more matter-of-factly and individually. "T" shouldn't know what I say to "A" when I discipline her and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment