Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WHERE IS THEIR HEART?

Well, I have been reading conference talks at night. Everyone was visiting and so it was very difficult to find time in the morning. Maybe someday, I can get that down better even when people are visiting.

I re-read chapter 14 and really enjoyed reading yet again how Jesus knows we can't do it all. I love reading that there was not enough food for everyone and Jesus made up the difference. Right now I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I want to do. I feel like all I need to do is do my best. Through the atonement I can do these things well. Of course, I can't do everything and anything, but if I try my hardest to get done what I think is most important, Heavenly Father will help me accomplish that.

I love these chapters! I feel like they are so full of questions I can ask my self for self-evaluation. Christ really wanted us to think about who we are and how we are living our lives. He quotes Isiah saying "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

This made me reflect on what I say I believe and what I actually do and feel. I don't want to put on a show of someone who I am not. It was always funny when someone calls during a stressful moment. There can be crying, screaming, yelling going on, but if a friend calls, suddenly the tone of voice changes to a sweet, calm voice. I guess we do have the self control to change how we are acting, but we choose not to. Things to work on....

No comments:

Post a Comment