Wednesday, September 23, 2009

COMPARISON

I decided to listen to Matt. 20. The girls were awake and I was reading online. All you have to do is click on the Listen at the top of each chapter. Isn't that cool?

It is an interesting story about the labourers who were hired first that get upset because the householder gives them a penny and the labourers he hired a penny as well. They don't feel that it is fair. They say, "Look at all that I have done and they have only worked a couple of hours." I know that He is relating to the first will be last and the last will be first with the Jews and the Gentiles. But I think there is more to the story. We don't need to worry about others. We are not their judge. The householder says, "Take that thine is, and go thy way." We only need to worry about what we do. I can see this in relationships. With husband and wife relationship, it's easy to compare who does the work. "I've changed 5 diapers today, cleaned the dishes, cleaned up after my daughter's accident, etc." That's not the way to go. It's important for each person to give 100% and not judge the percentage the other person gave. There is so much into judging others and so it's good that it is up to the Lord. These were good reminders for me not to compare myself to others in every relationship.

1 comment: