Monday, September 21, 2009

CHILDREN & FRIENDS

I have been reading a night, which has not been the ideal. This week I really want to read in the morning even if it means having the kids go back to their rooms and read as soon as they wake up.

I was thinking about children on my walk home today. I love teaching children. I love my calling a lot. I love seeing their sweet faces and their excitement. They want to please so much. Today's reading talks about humbling ourselves like little children to enter into the kingdom of God.

Here are some traits I think we should acquire that little children have:
quick to forgive
excitement for life
energy!!!
wanting to make other's happy
innocence

This week-end at the temple I had some thoughts about the important of friends. Also E's lesson this Sunday was about friendship. Are friends really that important? Why does the Lord place so much importance on friends? Here's an interesting verse: Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. I think unity is an important principle Heavenly Father and Christ want us to learn. They are the ultimate examples of this. They never compare and say, well I know better than Him or worry about giving the other more praise than is needed. They are united. The spirit can be so strong when we are unified. I also think that we receive a lot of support from each other. Though we are imperfect, we can help each other with our strengths and lift up each others' weaknesses.

The story of the fellowservant who was forgiven his debt and then turned around and threw someone in jail for not paying his debt is interesting. I don't remember hearing the end of this story. I saw a seminary video of the first part of the story. It seems crazy that a man who was forgiven such a big debt would not easily remember that and forgive another man. But I think we do this often and we don't realize it. I have great examples of forgiving with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment