Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OF LITTLE FAITH

It seems like time after time in Matthew, the people or the disciples doubt that things may happen. Then Jesus comes and heals them. They do have faith and have increased their faith. Jesus asks Simon Peter who he think He is. Peter knows He is the son of God.

One verse, "How long shall I be with you? How long shall I suffer you?" at first it sounds like Christ is frustrated, but I think He is just sad. He wants them to develop faith in Him. It seems like they have not developed the faith they need. When the disciples ask why they could not heal, He answers, "Because of your unbelief; for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Wow! That seems incredible. If we just have faith as a grain of mustard seed, nothing will be impossible for us. He is not asking for huge faith, just small, simple faith. This helps me.

I have faith in the atonement of Christ. I believe that He can forgive us and really take away our sins if we truly repent. I know because I had faith, and it happened. I know that He knows us and wants to help us. If we feel overwhelmed and are trying our very best, He will help us succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment