Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PRIDE FROM PHARISEES

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment so I missed reading in the morning. I was able to read them inside the temple which was very nice. I enjoyed reading the creation in the Pearl of Great Price. I do have to say yesterday my schedule was thrown off and I didn't feel as effective.

Today I thought about the Pharisees and the Saducees. What is their problem? They had been looking for the Savior, but now that He is in front of them, they can't accept it. It comes down to pride and jealousy (pretty much the same thing). They are always trying to prove Christ wrong. We always think they are awful, but I started thinking about how I might act like them in my mind or even my conversation. When people succeed and do wonderful things, I might try to downplay them. I try to find their faults. I don't really want them to succeed because somehow that makes me not succeed? Why? Just because they do something well does not make me do something worse. It comes down to comparing and I try not do to this, but it happens. Is she more talented than me? Is she nicer than me? Is she more fun than me? It is hard because others compare even if we don't. I need to remember to build up others when they are successful or when they are not. Then be confident in who I am and what I can do. We would never want to be like the Pharisees or the saducees, but I think we are being similar if we compare and try to make ourselves seem better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment